Sunday, January 27, 2008

Just a reminder,

There just happens to be a FAQ on my site outlining how you can use my art, how it should be credited and what you need permission for. It's not that complicated. But, people continually don't read or disregard it.

I have free avatars available
I have licensing for tags, tubes and sigs available at CILM
I even have pretty link banners you can use to link to my site AND show off art, just so that you don't have to copy my entire site over to photobucket or flickr to show your friends.

And all I ask the rest of the time is that you don't post my art on commerical sites (where you are selling something or where there are ad banners, or sites like photobucket which sell prints), credit and link to me so that every time someone else takes that art they know where it came from:

Your site must be a non-profit web site.
- Must be properly credited with "© Meredith Dillman. Image used with permission" near the images. To type the © symbol use "option G" on Mac and "ALT 0169" on PC.
- You must link to my web site near the image: http://www.meredithdillman.com/
- DO NOT crop or remove my name or any text on the image
- No hotlinking.

My watermarks do not negate the need to credit me. If you like something, you tell other people who made it. That's just common courtesy.